Graduates in the Degree Programme in Nursing, in accordance with the law of 10 August 2000 No. 251, art. 1, clause 1, are healthcare operators, responsible of general health assistance, who carry out, with a professional independence, activities aimed at individual and community health promotion, risk prevention, and illness and disabilities treatment, fulfilling the roles established in the DM 739 of the 14 September 1994, and next integrations and modifications, and by the specific code of conduct.
The Course includes lectures, elective didactic activities, and training internships.
For information on the various disciplines with their ECTS, lessons' hours, and exams, please consult the section "Attendance."
Elective Educational Activities
The Elective Educational Activities (ADE) are an integral part of the educational curriculum and are aimed at learning specific knowledge and educational aspects that optimise graduates' preparation and training. They are an extension or deepening of the topics discussed by the teacher or experimented in an internship; they can have the form of monographic courses, participation to conventions and seminars, and training days.
More in detail, to students are proposed ADE in the following fields: General and Clinical Nursing, Community Nursing, Nursing Legislation and Freelance Work, Evidence-Based Practice, Bibliographical Research, BLSD for Adults and Children, Health Legislation, Human Science, and Healthcare Management.
In the training of a nurse student, the internship activities play an essential role, because they represent the experience space into a professional reality, aimed at the integration of theoretical models with models of professional action.
At the end of the three years, the student will have 60 ECTS of clinical internship.
The internship is carried out in the following San Camillo Hospital’s wards:
First year (13 ECTS - 390 hours):
· General Surgery
· Medicine 1
· Holding Area
· UGI (Nursing Management Unity)
· Occupational Medicine
Second year (23 ECTS – 690 hours):
· Specialised Surgery and Surgery related to Operating Theatres: Heart Surgery, Paediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Maxillofacial Surgery, Neurosurgery, Urology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Orthopaedics.
· Specialised Medicine: Emergency Medicine, Cardiology, Nephrology, Gastroenterology Day Hospital, Neurology, Paediatrics, Transfusion Centre, Blood Test Centre.
· Hospice (palliative cares)
Third year (24 ECTS – 720 hours):
· Intensive Care (general, thoracic, cardiosurgical, neonatal, neurosurgical)
· Emergency Room
· Emergency Surgery
As for the similar and supplementary activities, third-year students attend:
· Delivery Room
· UCRI (residential intensive care unit)