Programme's purpose, as completion of the training acquired in the three-year L-19 class courses, is the achievement of the following educational goals related to possible job opportunities and the pursue of a further education and research:
1. strong and deep competences and knowledge, both theoretical and practical, in pedagogical and learning science, and in those disciplines, such as philosophy and psychology, that from one part contribute to the definition of the whole conceptual framework, and from the other one foster its application in the various educational contexts;
2. skills in analysing and dealing with the educational issues according to a pluri- and inter-disciplinary logic, typical of learning science;
3. an advanced knowledge, on an epistemological level too, within more scientific disciplines;
4. a knowledge on the legal aspects about the national, European, and international educational systems;
5. an adequate mastery of educational research methods of theoretical, historical, empirical, and experimental nature, in formal, non-formal, and informal training environments;
6. competences and knowledge allowing to deal, in the various educational contexts, with the methodological and instrumental needs of planning, monitoring, and evaluation of products, processes, project systems, and intervention programmes;
7. a knowledge on the elements needed to promote health and prevention culture, especially in schools and among the youths, and to identify the methods for measuring health state;
8. mastery of dynamics at the base of scenarios and practices of permanent and lifelong learning, included the implications related to work and employment;
9. analysis, interpretation, and intervention skills related to social and educational implications of intercultural dynamics;
10. adequate skills in analysing and interpreting - and contextualising in the Italian framework - national and international studies and researches, and their political implications in the educational field;
11. a strong knowledge, also in comparative terms, and experimentation skills, with a reference to the sectors of educational science, at local, national, European, and international levels;
12. mastery of the main computer tools and of telematic communication in the specific competence areas.
The Masters Degree Course in Pedagogy and Learning Science (Class LM85) is a two-year course and is aimed at obtaining the Masters Degree.
It is organised in educational areas including activities in the following disciplines:
• educational pedagogical and methodological disciplines concerning the various recipients of the educational actions as well as the various contexts of intervention, that is the competences and knowledge typical of the Course
• philosophical, psychological, and psychometric disciplines as an essential integration of the study course
• workshops, internships, and other activities considered essential to enter the world of work and aimed at the completion of student's cultural and professional training.
The verification of the individual activities aimed at obtaining the credits of the internship and the knowledge useful to enter the world of work is based on the documentation issued by the institution/company where the experience took place, as well as on student's report.
The educational activities include:
- academic courses aimed at supplying a theoretical knowledge about the various educational areas, giving the student the opportunity to critically compare theoretical and methodological models diversified and specific for each discipline; the courses are progressive, so that each one integrates the previous;
- workshops, characterised by an experiential approach, coherent and integrated to each academic course, according to criteria of continuity and progression.
Being able to collect, analyse, and interpret, also in a proactive way, data about one's study field taken from different sources, proving to have acquired a scientific mind and to possess critical and self-critical skills related to different societies, cultures, and territories. In order to achieve these goals, the student should attend and study the characterising courses, attend the workshops and actively participate in work groups characterised by autonomy and experience, and actively participate in the internship.
In order to verify the achievement of the goals, will be used both mid-term tests (structured and semi-structured tests, individual and group reports, etc., for some disciplines by means of the e-learning platform Moodle of Sapienza University) and, at the end of the Course, written and oral tests, as well as reports of the activities.
Graduates must be able to present, in an accessible and clear way, information, ideas, and results of studies and researches to different recipients, inexpert ones too, by using various communication methods, and scientific and instrumental competences, so to foster a socially broad use of projects, studies, and researches. In order to achieve these goals, the student should attend the classes and the workshops where are conducted researches based on students' active participation in structured work groups that include periodical communications (both individual and in group) on the work done. The workshop experience also implies communication skills according to prescriptive methods, and the ability to reflect on it proving to have critical skills and skills at integrating the formally acquired knowledge with what the student has learned and known on field. In order to improve students' writing competences, especially with the final test in view, some courses will include writing activities (short essays, reports, etc.), along a workshop on writing competences and on writing the internship report.
In order to verify the achievement of the goals, will be used both mid-term tests (individual and group reports, presentations using didactic aids too, participation to guided debates, presentations of individual and group works, presentations of researches and case analyses, etc., for some disciplines by means of the e-learning platform Moodle of Sapienza University) and, at the end of the Course, written and oral tests.
Graduates must have the skills needed to pursue a further education with a high level of autonomy, with a special reference to work life and the development of an active citizenship. In order to achieve these goals, the student should attend and study the basic disciplines, both characterising and similar, participate to workshops, and do an internship. The didactic methods may include lectures, conferences, seminars, discussion groups, exercises during the workshops and/or in the library.
In order to verify the achievement of the goals, will be used both mid-term tests (structured and semi-structured tests, individual and group reports, etc., for some disciplines by means of the e-learning platform Moodle of Sapienza University) and, at the end of the Course, written and oral tests.