The final exam is the natural completion of the knowledge acquired throughout the course of studies and will be assisted by a Tutor chosen from the teachers of the Degree Course, and by a possible Assistant Tutor and Co-tutor (external). To the final test are attributed 10 CFU; this formative activity is thought as strongly connected with the atelier of final synthesis (Curricula to Choice), of the 3rd year, or with the examinations to choice and with the other formative activities. The final test will be discussed by the candidate in the specific sessions provided by the academic year calendar, presenting an original and individual work of design. The final Design type exam consists of:
- preferably in the deepening of the work carried out within the final Synthesis Laboratory or
- in the original elaboration of an artifact, whether material or immaterial. The thesis course will then be structured as an atelier to be held according to a specific annual theme, proposed by one or more teachers of the Degree Course and to be in continuity with the "further learning for entering the world of work" and with the optional exams.
The discussion of the final project (thesis) consists in:
1. the public presentation of the final work, lasting a maximum of 10 minutes to be carried out through a presentation with slide, video or other communication tool considered more appropriate;
2. in the elaboration of a model (physical or virtual) of the artifact realized;
3. in the preparation of a portfolio (A4 vertical on format available on the site of the Degree Course), that collects the main project carried out in the triennium;
4. in the editing of a book (A4 vertical on format available on the site of the Degree Course), which thoroughly explains and illustrates the final project.