DATA SCIENCE APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS - A.Y. 2019/2020
Academic Year 2019-2020
Application period for the Academic Year 2019/2020 will start on November, 2018.
Soon online (by the end of November 2018)
- Non-EU residents: April 15th, 2019
- Applications received from November 2018 to December 7th, 2018 will be evaluated approximately by December 21st, 2018
- Applications received from December 8th, 2018 to January 18th, 2019 will be evaluated approximately by February 1st, 2019
- Applications received from January 19th, 2019 to March 8th, 2019 will be evaluated approximately by March 22nd, 2019
- Last minute applications: from March 9th, 2019 to April 15th, 2019 will be evaluated by April 30th, 2019.
- EU residents: September 3rd, 2019.
- The number of available positions may be limited, therefore, please apply as soon as possible.
- Students who have not yet completed their course of study, but expect to complete it by August 2019, can apply to the Master program by supplying an official document from their university confirming the expected graduation date. This document will only be a temporary substitute for the official copy of the final diploma.
Applications must be submitted online at the link Sapienza pre-selection. During the procedure you will need to upload the following:
- Copy of a valid passport (page with photo)
- Certificate proving the student´s proficiency of the English language, e.g., TOEFL/IELTS (this does not apply to native English speakers)
- Official transcript of academic records
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Passport photograph
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the International Student Registration Office of Sapienza will require a hard copy of all these documents in order to complete your enrollment upon arrival in Rome.
After completing the online application, students should follow a three-step procedure:
- Check with the local Italian Embassy/Consulate or Italian Institute of Culture the deadline to apply for a student visa (typically, by the end of May 2019) and whether other documents, besides those listed above, are necessary. If you have been admitted, you should have already received by then an admission letter from Sapienza.
- Apply for a student visa by submitting your admission letter from Sapienza to the Italian Embassy/Consulate or Italian Institute of Culture in your country. You need a visa to enter in Italy. In order to apply for it, you need also to complete a "pre-registration" at the Italian Embassy/Consulate in your country as soon as possible, at the very latest by the mid of July 2019 (this procedure is mandatory).
- Register as a master student of Sapienza. Students admitted to the Master's degree in Data Science must complete their enrollment by:
- registering on line to our INFOSTUD web portal (you can switch to English in that page to compile the form)
- contacting the International Student Registration Office of Sapienza, immediately upon your arrival in Rome
We suggest not to proceed too soon to the registration on INFOSTUD, rather starting from the mid of July 2019 when complete administrative information on academic year 2019-20 will be available on the Sapienza web sites. Registration deadline is by the end of 2019, but we strongly recommend to complete the registration by September 2019, before the beginning of classes.
For further information: