Erasmus+, or Erasmus Plus, is the new programme combining all the EU's current schemes for education, training, youth and sport, which was started in January 2014.
Students who join the Erasmus Programme study at least 3 months or an academic year in another European country. The Erasmus Programme guarantees that the period spent abroad is recognised by their university when they come back, as long as they abide by terms previously agreed. A main part of the programme is that students do not pay extra tuition fees to the university that they visit. Students can also apply for an Erasmus grant to help cover the additional expense of living abroad. Students with disabilities can apply for an additional grant to cover extraordinary expenses.
Are you interested in a study period at Sapienza i3S and you aren't an Erasmus+ student?
In this section you will find a list of the possible options you can choose from.
- Enrol in a Master Programme: Sapienza i3S gives foreign students the opportunity to apply directly to its Master Programmes in English. To apply to one of our courses it is sufficient to fill the online application form, and follow the instructions on: http://en.uniroma1.it/node/13540
Please note: Each Programme has its selection procedures and deadlines; please check the website of the chosen Programme for information on application procedures before uploading any documentation. Check admission procedures for each Programme (http://www.i3s.uniroma1.it/it/node/8585). For more info download the brochure.
- Single courses: Sapienza i3S gives students the opportunity to attend single courses. Students that wish to attend a limited number of courses, can register without paying registration fees, but paying instead 430 € per course. For more info http://www.uniroma1.it/node/5958.
- Double Degrees: Sapienza i3S has finalised agreements with foreign universities for hosting students who wish to obtain a double degree. For a list of the operative agreements click here.
- Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility. Sapienza i3S participates to Extra-EU Mobility Programs and has agreements with the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, China, Egypt, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kosovo, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestine, Serbia, Syria, Tunisia. For more info click here.
- Extra-EU Mobility: Sapienza i3S participates to Extra-EU Mobility Programs with bilateral agreements with the following universities: Tohoku University - Graduate School of Information Sciences- Japan, University of New York at Buffalo, United States, Renmin University of China (School of Economics), China, National Research University of Electronic Technology "MIET", RussiaUfa State Aviation Technical University, Russia, Universidad Ort Uruguay (Uruguay). If your university is one of these you can spend a study period (1 or 2 semesters) at Sapienza i3S, without paying extra registration fees. For more info click here.
- Ciencias Sem Fronteiras Sapienza i3S participates to the Ciencias Sem Fronteiras mobility program, promoted by the Brazilian government to offer Brazilian students and researchers study and research periods in Italian universities. For more info click here.
For practical info on life in Rome, visa permits and much more click here
For more information about studying or teaching at the Faculty of Information Engineering, Informatics and Statistics (I3S):