Professore Associato di Scienza delle Finanze
Dipartimento di Economia e Diritto
Sapienza Università di Roma
Via del Castro Laurenziano 9, 00161 Roma
Facoltà di Economia, V piano, stanza n° 509
Il servizio di ricevimento può essere erogato in qualsiasi momento, prevalentemente in modalità a distanza, previo appuntamento via e-mail.
ECONOMICS OF MARKET REGULATION - CLASS HOURS
Starting on Septemeber 29, 2021
Tuesday: 14.00-16.00, Room 2C VI floor -- Link to the live straming (zoom platform)
Wednesday: 16.00-18.00, Room 2C VI floor -- Link to the live straming (zoom platform)
Thursday: 14.00-16.00, Room 2C VI floor -- Link to the live straming (zoom platform)
PUBLIC FINANCE - CLASS HOURS
Starting on Septemeber 30, 2021
Il ricevimento è possibile in qualunque momento previo appuntamento tramite e-mail.
Il ricevimento si svolgerà prevalentemente in modalità a distanza
Sapienza Università di Roma, Dipartimento di Economia e Diritto
Via del Castro Laurenziano 9 - 00161 Roma, Italia
Born in Taranto (Italy), Italian citizenship, married.
Nov 2019 Present: 75% Degree of Disability (Italian scale).
Jun 2017 Nov 2019: 100% Degree of Disability (Italian scale).
Jun Dec 2017: Sick leave.
2020 Present: Associate Professor of Public Economics, Department of Economics and Law, Sapienza University of Rome.
2018 - Present: Member of the Scientific Board of the European PhD on Socio-Economic and Statistical Studies, Sapienza University of Roma.
2021 Present: Member of the Quality Supervision Committee of the Master in Economics, Sapienza University of Rome.
Dec 2016 Dec 2019: Assistant Professor of Public Economics, Department of Economics and Law, Sapienza University of Rome.
Apr 2016 Dec 2016: Postdoctoral fellow in Economics, for the project Integrating Residential Property with Private Pensions in EU , Department of Economics, Political Science and Languages, LUMSA University of Roma.
Mar 2014 Feb 2016: Postdoctoral fellow in Economics (FNR/Marie Curie fellow) for the project Income Distributions in a Dynamic Perspective , Institute for Research on Socio-Economic Inequality (IRSEI), University of Luxembourg.
Nov 2012 Feb 2014: Postdoctoral fellow in Economics, Department of Economics and Mathematical Methods, University of Bari.
Economics of inequality and poverty; welfare economics; tax evasion and shadow economy; women empowerment; public economics.
2011: PhD in Economics, University of Bari.
2009: MSc in Economics, University of Edinburgh.
2007: MA in Economics and Management, University of Bari.
2005: BA in Business Administration, University of Bari.
2015: Workshop Inequality by the numbers , Luxembourg Income Study Center, CUNY, New York.
2014: LIS Introductory Summer Workshop, Luxembourg Income Study, Luxembourg.
2010-2020: Winter School Inequality and Social Welfare Theory , University of Verona (in collaboration with ECINEQ, ZEW, LISER, Statistics Norway, CESifo), Alba di Canazei - Trento.
AWARDS AND GRANTS
2020-2023: Research Grant Criteria for the assessment of distributions in the short and long run funded by Sapienza University of Rome (project n. RP120172ADFAD4B6), principal investigator.
2020-2023: Research Grant Equality of opportunity and subjective well-being funded by Sapienza University of Rome (project n. AR120172B7100F3C), scientific tutor.
2020-2021: Research Grant Costruire la fiducia tra Amministrazioni e cittadini: chiarezza comunicativa, coerenza della policy e prevenzione dei crimini economici funded by Scuola Nazionale dell Amministrazione, Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri (Decreto n.138/2020 Id documento: 28197057 dell 11 giugno 2020), member of the research team.
2019-2022: Research Grant Bank monitoring and liquidity in the business cycles funded by Sapienza University of Rome (project number RP11916B89B260A), member of the research team.
2019-2022: Research Grant Education as one of the channel through which inequality can affect growth funded by Sapienza University of Rome (project n. AR11916B88A91E0), scientific tutor.
2018-2021: Research Grant On the measurement of wealth inequality funded by Sapienza University of Rome (project n. RP118164285EC6CA), principal investigator.
2017-2020: Research Grant The measurement of intertemporal growth, mobility and the distribution of income streams and its implications for the dynamics of financial markets funded by Sapienza University of Rome (project n. RM11715C81602B31), principal investigator.
2017: Italian Associate Professorship Qualification in Public Economics.
2016-2018: Research Grant SIR (Scientific Independence of young Researchers) The world database of equality of opportunity and social mobility funded by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (SIR project n. RBSI14KDMF), member of the research team.
2015-2017: EaSi Grant Programme Integrating residential property with private pensions in the EU funded by European Commission-DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion (agreement n. VS/2015/0218), member of the research team.
2015: Qualification Maître de conférences, section 5 CNU - Sciences Economiques, Ministére de l Education Nationale, de l Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche, France.
2014-2016: FNR/MARIE CURIE fellowship for the project Income distributions in a dynamic perspective funded by Marie Curie Actions of the European Commission and Fonds National de la Recherche Luxembourg (project n. 6728705), principal investigator.
2010: Scholarship for Research Activities based on International Collaborations funded by Regione Puglia.
2008-2010: Scholarship awarded by the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research for the PhD in Economics.
May 2019: University of Luxembourg (Luxembourg).
Feb 2017: University of Luxembourg (Luxembourg).
Jul 2014: Université d Auvergne (France).
Feb May 2013 and Nov 2013 Jan 2014: Université Laval (Canada).
Mar Jul 2012: Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (Spain).
Aug Oct 2010: University of Colorado at Denver (USA).
Nov 2009: Statistics Norway (Norway).
CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS
2019: Seminar at Sapienza University of Rome.
2017: Seminar at University of Luxembourg and LISER.
2016: Seminar at Sapienza University of Rome; World Development Report 2006 Anniversary Conference, World Bank - Washington DC; XXVIII SIEP Conference, University of Salento; Seminar at DIW - Berlin; Seminar at LUMSA University of Rome.
2015: Seminar at University of Salento; 56th SIE Conference, Federico II University of Naples; Second Annual Conference SITES/IDEAs, University of Florence; 16th Public Economic Theory Annual Conference, University of Luxembourg; Seminar at University of Luxembourg and LISER, Luxembourg.
2014: 55th SIE Conference, University of Trento; 33rd IARIW General Conference, Statistics Netherland - Rotterdam; 13th Journées Louis-André Gerard-Varet, Marseille/Aix-en-Provence School of Economics.
2013: VII GRASS workshop, University of Pisa; V Meeting of the Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, University of Bari; 12th Journées Louis-André Gerard-Varet, Marseille/Aix-en-Provence School of Economics; Seminar at Université Laval, Québec.
2012: XXXVII Conference of the Spanish Economic Association (SAEe), University of Vigo; XXIX SIEP Conference, University of Pavia; VI GRASS workshop, LUISS University of Rome; Second World Bank Conference on Equity, World Bank - Washington D.C.; Seminar at Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona.
2011: IV ESPAnet Annual Conference, University of Milan; XXIII SIEP Conference, University of Pavia; IV Meeting of the Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, University of Catania; Seminar at University of Bari.
2010: X Meeting of the Society for Social Choice and Welfare, Moscow School of Economics.
2021: Member of the Scientific Committee of the IX ECINEQ Conference, London School of Economics.
2020: Member of the Scientific Committee of the XIV GRASS Workshop, University of Verona; Member of the Organizing Committee of the First workshop on Multidimensional Poverty and Inequality, University of Florence and University of Pisa.
2019: Member of the Scientific Committee of the VIII ECINEQ Conference, Paris School of Economics.
2016: Scientific organizer of the session Economic changes and insecurity for the XXXIV IARIW General Conference, Statistics Deutschland - Dresden.
2015: Member of the Local Organizing Committee of the VI ECINEQ Conference, University of Luxembourg.
2013: Member of the Local Organizing Committee of the V ECINEQ Conference, University of Bari.
2017 - Present: Secretary and member of the Scientific Committee of the Society for the Study of Economic Inequality (ECINEQ, www.ecineq.org).
2017 - Present: Member of the research group for the realization of the EqualChances database (www.equalchances.org).
2021-2023: Member of the Editorial Board of the Review of Income and Wealth.
2020-2021: Scientific Consultant for the project Social mobility in the global south: concepts, methods, and determinants , UNU-WIDER.
2017 - 2018: Member of the Scientific Board of the PhD in Economics, Sapienza University of Rome.
2017: Scientific Consultant for the project Educational Inequality of Opportunity in Europe , DG Employment European Commission.
2017: Scientific Consultant for the project Gender Inequality using LIS data , Luxembourg Income Study Data Center.
2016: Scientific Consultant for the project Intergenerational inequality in Europe and Central Asia , Europe and Central Asia office World Bank.
2014-2019: Member of the editorial office of the Review of Income and Wealth.
2013-2014: Researcher for the project Economic crisis, new forms of poverty and anti-poverty policies of the Regione Puglia , Regione Puglia and University of Bari.
2012: Scientific Consultant for the project Equality of Opportunity: a survey of the recent literature , the Economic Policy Sector World Bank.
2011-2012: Researcher for the project Poverty and social policies in Puglia Regione Puglia and University of Bari.
2007-2008: Researcher for the project AQUIFALC, Regione Puglia and University of Bari.
2007-2008: Researcher for the project First survey on poverty and social exclusion in Puglia , Regione Puglia and Università di Bari.
CIRET Centro di Ricerca Interuniversitario Ezio Tarantelli , since 2019.
ECINEQ The Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, since 2011.
IARIW International Association for Research In Income and Wealth, since 2014.
SEM The Society for Economic Measurement, since 2020.
SIEP Italian Society of Public Economic, since 2011.
Applied Economics, Bulletin of Economic Research, Economics Bulletin, Economic Inquiry, Economic Modelling, Economics-The Open Access, Education Economics, International Journal of Social Economics, Japanese Economic Review, Journal of Economic Inequality, Journal of Income Distribution, Journal of Mathematical Economics, Journal of Regional and Urban Economics, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Oxford Economic Papers, Research on Economic Inequality, Papers in Regional Science, Review of Economics and Statistics, Review of Income and Wealth, Social Choice and Welfare, The Italian Journal of Public Economics.
Articles in refereed journals
1. Growth, mobility, and social progress (with Dirk Van de gaer), Journal of Comparative Economics, 49(1), 164-182, 2021.
2. The poverty incidence of growth (with Maria C. Lo Bue), Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 82(6), 1295-1321, 2020.
3. Inequality of opportunity in Sub-Saharan Africa (with Paolo Brunori and Vito Peragine). Applied Economics, 51(60), 6428-6458, 2019.
4. Dynamics of income rank volatility: Evidence from Germany and US (with Louis Chauvel and Anne Hartung). The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, 19(2), 1-22, 2019.
5. Intertemporal pro-poorness (with Florent Bresson and Jean-Yves Duclos). Social Choice and Welfare, 52(1), 65-96, 2019.
6. Consumption dynamics and inequality of opportunity during with an application to Uganda (with Paolo Brunori and Vito Peragine). Review of Development Economics, 22(2), 632-657, 2018.
7. Evaluating patterns of income growth when status matters: a robust approach, Review of Income and Wealth, 64(1), 2018.
8. History-dependent growth incidence: a characterization and an application to the economic crisis in Italy (with Dirk Van de gaer). Oxford Economic Papers, 68(2), 585-603, 2016.
9. The distributional incidence of growth: a social welfare approach (with Vito Peragine). Review of Income and Wealth, 61(3), 2015.
10. Economic growth and equality of opportunity (with Vito Peragine and Paolo Brunori). World Bank Economic Review, 28(2), 247-281, 2014.
11. Mobility and long-term equality of opportunity. Research on Economic Inequality, 19, 51-75, 2011.
12. Inequality of opportunity, poverty and economic development (with Domenico Moramarco and Vito Peragine). In M.N Asadullah, K. Zimmermann (eds.), Handbook of Labor, Human Resources and Population Economics, Springer, chapter 11, forthcoming.
13. Inequality of opportunity: theoretical considerations and recent empirical evidence (with Vito Peragine). In D. Chotikapanich, A. Rambaldi, N. Rohde (eds.), Advances in Economic Measurement, Palgrave McMillan, chapter 10, forthcoming.
14. Italy: an ageing country with low level of private pension schemes but high homeownership rate (with Pierluigi Murro). In M. Eckardt et al. (eds.), Old-Age Provision and Homeownership Fiscal Incentives and Other Public Policy Options, Springer International Publishing AG, ch. 6, 2018.
15. La distribuzione personale del reddito e la tassazione progressiva (with Vito Peragine and Paolo Brunori). In Uricchio A., Peragine V., Aulenta M. Manuale di Scienza delle Finanze, Diritto Finanziario e Contabilità Pubblica, Nel Diritto Editore, ch. 5, 2018.
16. Pensions and housing wealth: Quantitative data on market conditions for equity release schemes in the EU (con Peter Hennecke, Pierluigi Murro, Doris Neuberger). In P. Murro (ed), Il Ruolo del Prestito Vitalizio Ipotecario nell Ambito della Previdenza Integrativa, Cacucci Editore, ch. 3, 2017.
17. Dinamiche distributive in un periodo di crisi (with Francesca Marino). In Peragine V. Povertà e Politiche di Inclusione Sociale. Differenze e Confronti Territoriali, Carocci Editore, ch. 1, 2014.
18. Povertà economica in Puglia e in Italia: entità e caratteristiche (with Francesca Marino). In Peragine V. Povertà e Politiche di Inclusione Sociale. Differenze e Confronti Territoriali, Carocci Editore, ch. 2, 2014.
19. Povertà e politiche di inclusione sociale. Tra vincoli di bilancio, equità e politiche di crescita (with Vito Peragine and Paolo Brunori). In Aulenta M. and Uricchio A. Dalla Finanza Pubblica Europea al Governo degli Enti Territoriali, CEDAM editore, ch. 8, 2014.
20. La povertà in Puglia e in Italia (with Vito Peragine and Laura Serlenga). In Peragine V. (Ed.) Famiglie e nuove povertà. Politiche regionali sulla non autosufficienza, Carocci editore, ch. 1, 2012.
21. A critical assessment of the governance structure of the transport sector in Albania (and in the other Balkans Countries) (with Angela S. Bergantino and Annalisa Vinella). In Capolupo R., Cani S., Ferri G. (Eds.) Towards European Integration: Cooperation and Development Across the Adriatic Basin, Radio, Bari, pp 247-271, 2008.
22. Inequality and institutional trust: the role of online interaction between citizens and public authorities (with Agnese Sacchi), Sapienza University of Rome, mimeo, 2021.
23. Equal chances: equality of opportunity and intergenerational mobility around the world (with Paolo Brunori et al.), equalchances.org, 2021.
24. Dynastic measures of intergenerational mobility with empirical evidence from Indonesia (with Olivier Bargain and Maria C. Lo Bue), UNU-WIDER Working Paper, 2021.
25. A general rank-dependent approach for distributional comparisons (with Ida Petrillo), ECINEQ Working Paper Series 2021-567, 2021.
26. Informal we stand? The role of social progress around the world (with Tiziana Medda and Agnese Sacchi), Sapienza University of Rome, mimeo, 2020.
27. Compassion and envy in welfare comparisons, SOEPpapers 1105-2020, DIW Berlin, 2020.
28. Intertemporal inequality of opportunity (with Domenico Moramarco and Vito Peragine), Working Paper ECARES 2020-26, ULB, 2020.
29. Inequality of opportunity in tertiary education in Europe (with Vito Peragine and Federico Biagi), EUR 30031 EN, Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg, 2019, ISBN 978-92-76-14574-5, doi:10.2760/765855, JRC118543.
30. Gender equality and poverty are intrinsically linked (with Rense Nieuwenhuis, Teresa Munzi, Jörg Neugschwender, Heba Omar) Discussion Paper UN Women, New York, ISBN: 978-1-63214-144-6, 2018.
31. Growth pro-poorness from an intertemporal perspective with an application to Indonesia, 1997-2007 (with Jean-Yves Duclos and Florent Bresson), ADBI Working Paper Series No. 773, 2017.
32. Inequality of opportunity for educational achievement in Arab Region: evidence from PISA 2006-2009-2012 (with Vito Intini, Raffaele Lagravinese, Vito Peragine), UN-ESCWA Working Paper E/ESCWA/EDID/2015/WP7, 2015.
33. Income taxation and equity: new dominance criteria and an application to Romania (with Paolo Brunori and Vito Peragine). EUROMOD Working Papers Series 19/14, 2014.
34. L uomo e la natura: sostenibilità sociale e ambientale (with Giovanni Ferri, Angioletta Mariani, Vito Peragine). Edizioni Studium, Roma, ISBN: 978-88-382-4365-2, 2016.
35. Dinamiche distributive e differenze territoriali (with Vito Peragine). Menabò di Etica ed Economia, April 2018.
36. What is the effect of growth on the distribution of opportunities? (with Vito Peragine and Paolo Brunori). In Research Digest, World Bank, 8(2), 2014.
a.y. 2020/21: Open Day Lectures (3 lectures) on Measuring Economic Inequality, Sapienza University of Rome.
a.y. 2018/19 - Present: Public Finance (in English), graduate level, Sapienza University of Rome.
a.y. 2018/19 - Present: Economics of Market Regulation (in English), graduate level, Sapienza University of Rome.
a.y. 2017/18 - Present: Welfare Economics (in English), doctoral level, European PhD on Socio-Economic and Statistical Studies, Sapienza University of Rome.
2020: Module on Evaluation of Public Expenditure (in Italian), Short Master for PA, Sapienza University of Roma.
a.y. 2018/19: Module on Measuring Poverty (in Italian) for the course Public Economics, graduate level, Sapienza University of Rome.
2018: Module on Public Budget and Public Expenditure (in Italian), Short Master for PA, Sapienza University of Roma.
a.y. 2016/17: Industrial Organization (in Italian), graduate level, Sapienza University of Rome.
a.y. 2015/16: Microeconomics (in Italian), undergraduate level, LUMSA University of Rome.
a.y. 2014/15 and 2015/16: Module on Measuring Economic Development (in Italian) for the course Economics of Sustainability, graduate level, LUMSA University of Rome.
a.y. 2014/15: Module on Inequality of Opportunity, Master IMPALLA Program, LISER (ex CEPS/INSTEAD), Luxembourg.
Rome - April 2021
|Insegnamento||Codice||Anno||Corso - Frequentare|
|PUBLIC FINANCE||1051814||2021/2022||Economia politica - Economics|
|ECONOMICS OF MARKET REGULATION||1051869||2021/2022||Health Economics - Economia sanitaria|
|ECONOMICS OF MARKET REGULATION||1051869||2021/2022||Economia politica - Economics|
|PUBLIC FINANCE||1051814||2020/2021||Economia politica - Economics|
|ECONOMICS OF MARKET REGULATION||1051869||2020/2021||Economia politica - Economics|
|ECONOMICS OF MARKET REGULATION||1051869||2020/2021||Health Economics - Economia sanitaria|
|ECONOMIA PUBBLICA CORSO AVANZATO||1038332||2019/2020||Economia politica|
|SCIENZA DELLE FINANZE||1006627||2019/2020||Scienze aziendali|
|ECONOMICS OF MARKET REGULATION||1051869||2019/2020||Economia politica|
|PUBLIC FINANCE||1051814||2019/2020||Economia politica|
|PUBLIC FINANCE||1051814||2018/2019||Economia politica|
|ECONOMICS OF MARKET REGULATION||1051869||2018/2019||Economia politica|
|SCIENZA DELLE FINANZE||1006627||2016/2017||Scienze aziendali|
|ECONOMIA DELL'IMPRESA E DELLA PRODUZIONE||1044427||2016/2017||Tecnologie e gestione dell'innovazione|
|ECONOMIA DELL'ORGANIZZAZIONE INDUSTRIALE CORSO AVANZATO||1044407||2016/2017||Economia politica|
|The individual poverty incidence of growth||OXFORD BULLETIN OF ECONOMICS AND STATISTICS||2020|
|Growth, mobility and social progress||JOURNAL OF COMPARATIVE ECONOMICS||2020|
|Intertemporal pro-poorness||SOCIAL CHOICE AND WELFARE||2019|
|Dynamics of individual income rank volatility. Evidence from West Germany and the US||THE B.E. JOURNAL OF ECONOMIC ANALYSIS & POLICY||2019|
|Inequality of opportunity in Sub-Saharan Africa||APPLIED ECONOMICS||2019|
|Inequality of opportunity in tertiary education in Europe||2019|
|Evaluating patterns of income growth when status matters: a robust approach||REVIEW OF INCOME AND WEALTH||2018|
|Consumption dynamics and inequality of opportunity with an application to Uganda||REVIEW OF DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS||2018|
|La distribuzione personale del reddito e la tassazione progressiva||2018|
|Italy. An ageing country with low level of private pension schemes but high homeownership rate||2018|
|Gender Equality and Poverty are Intrinsically Linked: A contribution to the continued monitoring of selected Sustainable Development Goals||2018|
|Growth, Mobility and Social Welfare||2018|
|Pensions and housing wealth. Market conditions for equity release schemes in the EU||2017|
|History-dependent growth incidence: a characterization and an application to the economic crisis in Italy||OXFORD ECONOMIC PAPERS||2016|
|L'uomo e la natura. Sostenibilità sociale e ambientale||2016|
|The distributional incidence of growth. A social welfare approach||THE REVIEW OF INCOME AND WEALTH||2015|
|Inequality of opportunity during the great recession in Uganda||2015|