Lessons will be delivered in Aula Psicologia I (CU026, E01PS1L101) in blended mode.
You can find the link to connect on the e-learning page of the course (Bioinformatics I 2020/2021).
Martedì ore 10-12 o in altro giorno contattando il docente
RTD-A (Scientific-Disciplinary Sector BIO/11).
Laboratory of Functional Genomics and Proteomics of Model Systems,
Dept. of Biology and Biotechnology C. Darwin , "Sapienza" University of Rome
2011 Ph.D. in Cell and Developmental Biology, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy.
2007 Master s Degree in Genomic Biotechnology with 110/110 cum laude, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy.
March 2019 present: Researcher (RTDA) at the Dept. of Biology and Biotechnology C. Darwin , Sapienza University of Rome.
September 2016 September 2018: Post-Doc position at the Institute for Systems Analysis and Computer Science Antonio Ruberti , National Research Council, EPIGEN project. Research activity: Development of computational models for functional genomics applied to the study of tumors.
May 2015 August 2016: Post-Doc position at the Dept. of Biology and Biotechnology C. Darwin , Sapienza University of Rome. Research activity: Dissecting the role of potential inhibitor drug of histone H3 lysine 4 demethylases using genome-wide approaches.
October 2011 September 2014: Post-Doc position at the Dept. of Biology and Biotechnology C. Darwin , Sapienza University of Rome. Research activity: Chromatin structure analysis of genes with a high transcription rate and its modifications observed following transcriptional repression.
January 2011 August 2011: Post-Doc position at the Dept. of Biology and Biotechnology C. Darwin , Sapienza University of Rome. Laboratory of Functional Genomics and Proteomics of Model Systems.
November 2007 October 2010: PhD fellowship in Cell and Developmental Biology, Sapienza University of Rome. Research activity: Transcriptome and proteome analysis in superior cervical ganglion of dystrophic mdx mice.
RESEARCH MAIN TOPICS:
- Functional studies and role in chromatin regulation of histone demethylases in breast cancer and melanoma;
- Transcriptional regulation of ionizing radiation in neural stem/progenitor cells;
- Transcriptomic and epigenomic analysis using NGS technologies, bioinformatic and functional analysis of gene expression and microRNA profiles in projects involving yeast, plants, cancer and immune system;
- Development of bioinformatics tools;
2019 - present: Holder of the course: "Bioinformatics I" (6 CFU). Degree in "Bioinformatics". Sapienza University of Rome.
2019 - present: Practical tranining for the course Biostatistica , Scuola di Dottorato in Biologia e Medicina Molecolare (BEMM)", Sapienza University of Rome
2014 - 2018 Practical training in statistics with R for the course Statistica , Scuola di Dottorato in Biologia e Medicina Molecolare (BEMM)", Sapienza University of Rome
2012 - 2014 Lessons and practical training in Microarray data analysis using R/Bioconductor during Trascrittomica course of the postgraduate Master s course: "Bioinformatica: applicazioni biomediche e farmaceutiche", Sapienza University of Rome.
2009 Lessons and exams for Ingegneria genetica course of degree: "Biotecnologie Genomiche e di Biotecnologie Industriali ed Ambientali", Sapienza University of Rome
Reviewer for the international journals Plos One ISSN 1932-6203, DATABASE ISSN 1758-0463
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-8172-1437
Total number of publications: 36
PUBLICATIONS OF THE LAST TEN YEARS 2011-2021
1. Mandolesi G, Rizzo FR, Balletta S, Stampanoni Bassi M, Gilio L, Guadalupi L, et al. The microRNA let-7b-5p Is Negatively Associated with Inflammation and Disease Severity in Multiple Sclerosis. Cells. 2021;10.
2. Dentici ML, Alesi V, Quinodoz M, Robens B, Guerin A, Lebon S, et al. Biallelic variants in ZNF526 cause a severe neurodevelopmental disorder with microcephaly, bilateral cataract, epilepsy and simplified gyration. J Med Genet. 2021.
3. Salvi E, Rutten JP, Di Mambro R, Polverari L, Licursi V, Negri R, et al. A Self-Organized PLT/Auxin/ARR-B Network Controls the Dynamics of Root Zonation Development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Developmental Cell. 2020;53:431-443.e23.
4. Paci P, Fiscon G, Conte F, Licursi V, Morrow J, Hersh C, et al. Integrated transcriptomic correlation network analysis identifies COPD molecular determinants. Sci Rep. 2020;10:3361.
5. Licursi V, Anzellotti S, Favaro J, Sineri S, Carucci N, Cundari E, et al. X-ray irradiated cultures of mouse cortical neural stem/progenitor cells recover cell viability and proliferation with dose-dependent kinetics. Sci Rep. 2020;10:6562.
6. Gasparini S, Licursi V, Presutti C, Mannironi C. The Secret Garden of Neuronal circRNAs. Cells. 2020;9:1815.
7. Gasparini S, Del Vecchio G, Gioiosa S, Flati T, Castrignano T, Legnini I, et al. Differential Expression of Hippocampal Circular RNAs in the BTBR Mouse Model for Autism Spectrum Disorder. Mol Neurobiol. 2020.
8. Coni S, Serrao SM, Yurtsever ZN, Di Magno L, Bordone R, Bertani C, et al. Blockade of EIF5A hypusination limits colorectal cancer growth by inhibiting MYC elongation. Cell Death Dis. 2020;11:1045.
9. Antonelli F, Esposito A, Calvo L, Licursi V, Tisseyre P, Ricci S, et al. Characterization of black patina from the Tiber River embankments using Next-Generation Sequencing. PLoS ONE. 2020;15:e0227639.
10. Rossi MN, Pascarella A, Licursi V, Caiello I, Taranta A, Rega LR, et al. NLRP2 Regulates Proinflammatory and Antiapoptotic Responses in Proximal Tubular Epithelial Cells. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2019;7. doi:10.3389/fcell.2019.00252.
11. Pontiggia D, Spinelli F, Fabbri C, Licursi V, Negri R, De Lorenzo G, et al. Changes in the microsomal proteome of tomato fruit during ripening. Sci Rep. 2019;9. doi:10.1038/s41598-019-50575-5.
12. Pippa S, Mannironi C, Licursi V, Bombardi L, Colotti G, Cundari E, et al. Small Molecule Inhibitors of KDM5 Histone Demethylases Increase the Radiosensitivity of Breast Cancer Cells Overexpressing JARID1B. Molecules. 2019;24. doi:10.3390/molecules24091739.
13. Morciano P, Di Giorgio ML, Porrazzo A, Licursi V, Negri R, Rong Y, et al. Depletion of ATP-Citrate Lyase (ATPCL) Affects Chromosome Integrity Without Altering Histone Acetylation in Drosophila Mitotic Cells. Front Physiol. 2019;10. doi:10.3389/fphys.2019.00383.
14. Mocavini I, Pippa S, Licursi V, Paci P, Trisciuoglio D, Mannironi C, et al. JARID1B expression and its function in DNA damage repair are tightly regulated by miRNAs in breast cancer. Cancer Sci. 2019;110:1232 43.
15. Luly FR, Lévêque M, Licursi V, Cimino G, Martin-Chouly C, Théret N, et al. MiR-146a is over-expressed and controls IL-6 production in cystic fibrosis macrophages. Sci Rep. 2019;9:16259.
16. Licursi V, Conte F, Fiscon G, Paci P. MIENTURNET: an interactive web tool for microRNA-target enrichment and network-based analysis. BMC Bioinformatics. 2019;20. doi:10.1186/s12859-019-3105-x.
17. Conte F, Fiscon G, Licursi V, Bizzarri D, D Antò T, Farina L, et al. A paradigm shift in medicine: A comprehensive review of network-based approaches. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Gene Regulatory Mechanisms. 2019;:194416.
18. Fiscon G, Conte F, Licursi V, Nasi S, Paci P. Computational identification of specific genes for glioblastoma stem-like cells identity. Scientific Reports. 2018;8:7769.
19. Licursi V, Cestelli Guidi M, Del Vecchio G, Mannironi C, Presutti C, Amendola R, et al. Leptin induction following irradiation is a conserved feature in mammalian epithelial cells and tissues. Int J Radiat Biol. 2017;93:947 57.
20. Guadagno NA, Moriconi C, Licursi V, D Acunto E, Nisi PS, Carucci N, et al. Neuroserpin polymers cause oxidative stress in a neuronal model of the dementia FENIB. Neurobiol Dis. 2017;103:32 44.
21. Fragale A, Romagnoli G, Licursi V, Buoncervello M, Del Vecchio G, Giuliani C, et al. Antitumor Effects of Epidrug/IFN Combination Driven by Modulated Gene Signatures in Both Colorectal Cancer and Dendritic Cells. Cancer Immunol Res. 2017;5:604 16.
22. Carucci N, Cacci E, Nisi PS, Licursi V, Paul Y-L, Biagioni S, et al. Transcriptional response of Hoxb genes to retinoid signalling is regionally restricted along the neural tube rostrocaudal axis. R Soc Open Sci. 2017;4:160913.
23. Capitano F, Camon J, Licursi V, Ferretti V, Maggi L, Scianni M, et al. MicroRNA-335-5p modulates spatial memory and hippocampal synaptic plasticity. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2017;139:63 8.
24. Capitano F, Camon J, Ferretti V, Licursi V, De Vito F, Rinaldi A, et al. microRNAs Modulate Spatial Memory in the Hippocampus and in the Ventral Striatum in a Region-Specific Manner. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:4618 30.
25. Piersanti S, Burla R, Licursi V, Brito C, Torre ML, Alves PM, et al. Transcriptional Response of Human Neurospheres to Helper-Dependent CAV-2 Vectors Involves the Modulation of DNA Damage Response, Microtubule and Centromere Gene Groups. PLOS ONE. 2015;10:e0133607.
26. Simão D, Pinto C, Piersanti S, Weston A, Peddie CJ, Bastos AEP, et al. Modeling Human Neural Functionality In Vitro: Three-Dimensional Culture for Dopaminergic Differentiation. Tissue Engineering Part A. 2014;21:654 68.
27. Licursi V, Salvi C, De Cesare V, Rinaldi T, Mattei B, Fabbri C, et al. The COP9 signalosome is involved in the regulation of lipid metabolism and of transition metals uptake in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS J. 2014;281:175 90.
28. Guidi MC, Mirri C, Fratini E, Licursi V, Marcelli A. FT-IR imaging spectroscopy as a complementary analytical technique to monitor lipids as biomarkers to high-LET (linear energy transfer) radiation. Rend Fis Acc Lincei. 2014;25:75 9.
29. Giusti N, Bufalieri F, Licursi V, Castrignanò T, D Antonio M, Amendola R, et al. General features of the transcriptional response of mammalian cells to low- and high-LET irradiation. Rendiconti Lincei. 2014;25:69 74.
30. Piersanti S, Astrologo L, Licursi V, Costa R, Roncaglia E, Gennetier A, et al. Differentiated neuroprogenitor cells incubated with human or canine adenovirus, or lentiviral vectors have distinct transcriptome profiles. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69808.
31. Licursi V, Caiello I, Lombardi L, De Stefano ME, Negri R, Paggi P. Lack of dystrophin in mdx mice modulates the expression of genes involved in neuron survival and differentiation. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;35:691 701.
32. Cestelli Guidi M, Mirri C, Fratini E, Licursi V, Negri R, Marcelli A, et al. In vivo skin leptin modulation after 14 MeV neutron irradiation: a molecular and FT-IR spectroscopic study. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2012;404:1317 26.
33. Bufalieri F, Licursi V, D Antonio M, Castrignanò T, Amendola R, Negri R. The transcriptional response of mammalian cancer cells to irradiation is dominated by a cell cycle signature which is strongly attenuated in non-cancer cells and tissues. Int J Radiat Biol. 2012;88:822 9.
34. Fratini E, Licursi V, Artibani M, Kobos K, Colautti P, Negri R, et al. Dose-dependent onset of regenerative program in neutron irradiated mouse skin. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19242.
|The microRNA let-7b-5p Is Negatively Associated with Inflammation and Disease Severity in Multiple Sclerosis||CELLS||2021|
|Biallelic variants in ZNF526 cause a severe neurodevelopmental disorder with microcephaly, bilateral cataract, epilepsy and simplified gyration||JOURNAL OF MEDICAL GENETICS||2021|
|The Role of Histone Lysine Methylation in the Response of Mammalian Cells to Ionizing Radiation||FRONTIERS IN GENETICS||2021|
|Genome-Wide Gene Expression Analysis of Mtb-Infected DC Highlights the Rapamycin-Driven Modulation of Regulatory Cytokines via the mTOR/GSK-3β Axis||FRONTIERS IN IMMUNOLOGY||2021|
|MiR-142-3p regulates synaptopathy-driven disease progression in multiple sclerosis||NEUROPATHOLOGY AND APPLIED NEUROBIOLOGY||2021|
|An Overview of the computational models dealing with the regulatory ceRNA mechanism and ceRNA deregulation in cancer||2021|
|A combination of PARP and CHK1 inhibitors efficiently antagonizes MYCN-driven tumors||ONCOGENE||2021|
|A paradigm shift in medicine: a comprehensive review of network-based approaches||BIOCHIMICA ET BIOPHYSICA ACTA. GENE REGULATORY MECHANISMS||2020|
|Integrated transcriptomic correlation network analysis identifies COPD molecular determinants||SCIENTIFIC REPORTS||2020|
|Differential Expression of Hippocampal Circular RNAs in the BTBR Mouse Model for Autism Spectrum Disorder||MOLECULAR NEUROBIOLOGY||2020|
|X-ray irradiated cultures of mouse cortical neural stem/progenitor cells recover cell viability and proliferation with dose-dependent kinetics||SCIENTIFIC REPORTS||2020|
|The Secret Garden of Neuronal circRNAs||CELLS||2020|
|A Self-Organized PLT/Auxin/ARR-B Network Controls the Dynamics of Root Zonation Development in Arabidopsis thaliana||DEVELOPMENTAL CELL||2020|
|Blockade of EIF5A hypusination limits colorectal cancer growth by inhibiting MYC elongation||CELL DEATH & DISEASE||2020|
|JARID1B expression and its function in DNA damage repair are tightly regulated by miRNAs in breast cancer||CANCER SCIENCE||2019|
|Depletion of ATP-citrate lyase (ATPCL) affects chromosome integrity without altering histone acetylation in Drosophila mitotic cells||FRONTIERS IN PHYSIOLOGY||2019|
|Small molecule inhibitors of KDM5 histone demethylases increase the radiosensitivity of breast cancer cells overexpressing Jarid1b||MOLECULES||2019|
|Changes in the microsomal proteome of tomato fruit during ripening||SCIENTIFIC REPORTS||2019|
|MiR-146a is over-expressed and controls IL-6 production in cystic fibrosis macrophages||SCIENTIFIC REPORTS||2019|
|MIENTURNET: An interactive web tool for microRNA-target enrichment and network-based analysis||BMC BIOINFORMATICS||2019|