Calculation of the average score and criteria for the assignment of the final degree mark
CALCULATION OF THE AVERAGE SCORE AND CRITERIA FOR THE ASSIGNMENT OF THE FINAL DEGREE MARK
- The grade for admission to the degree examination is calculated according to the arithmetic average of the individual exam scores.
The starting average is prepared by the Student Secretarial Office, which is then transmitted to the Educational Affairs Office. Students, in the days immediately preceding their graduation session, can consult their average vote at the Educational Affairs Office.
- To the average score, which is expressed in one hundred and tenths, the following points are added:
- 0.33 / 110 for each exam passed with honours;
- 1/110 if the degree exam is taken, as certified in their scholastic career, in their fifth academic year;
- 1/110 if the preparation of the dissertation has been carried out abroad for a period of not less than six months;
- 0.5 / 110 if students have passed all their exams of the first and second year by the end of the third year of the course;
- 0.5 / 110 for students who graduate in the March session of the first year “fuori corso”.
- At the graduation exam, the graduation commission, to the exam admission score, can add up to a maximum of 11 points, based on the evaluation of the level of commitment demonstrated and the quality of the presentation.
Honours (lode) may possibly be proposed by the supervisor, but to be accepted and must be approved unanimously by the graduation commission.