- Lesson Times
- Exam Session Calendar
- Custom-tailoring Your Programme
- Honours programme
- Final test
A study programme can have more curricula to choose from. Students choose their curriculum when they draft their learning path on Infostud.
Each academic programme has its own deadlines for the drafting of learning paths.
For information about the contents of each curricula developed for your study programme, please check the Study Plan box.
At the end of your university studies, Sapienza provides a certificate containing the main information about the student’s curriculum, in addition to the degree.
First year (Year of enrolment 2019/2020)
Second year (Year of enrolment 2018/2019)
|MOBILE APPLICATIONS AND CLOUD COMPUTING||1044415||First semester||6||ING-INF/05|
|Visual Analytics||1052057||First semester||6||ING-INF/05|
|Data Mining||1038138||First semester||6||ING-INF/05|
|Knowledge Representation and Semantic Technologies||1041706||First semester||6||ING-INF/05|
|SYSTEM AND ENTERPRISE SECURITY||1044410||First semester||6||ING-INF/05|
|BIG DATA COMPUTING||1044406||First semester||6||ING-INF/05|
|WEB SECURITY AND PRIVACY||1044404||First semester||6||ING-INF/05|
|Security Governance||1055061||First semester||6||ING-INF/05|
|Process Management and Mining||10589744||First semester||6||ING-INF/05|
|A SCELTA DELLO STUDENTE||First semester||6|
|Seminars in Advanced Topics in computer Science Engineering||AAF1788||Second semester||6|
|LARGE-SCALE DATA MANAGEMENT||1044408||Second semester||6||ING-INF/05|
|SOCIAL NETWORKS AND ON-LINE MARKETS||1047598||Second semester||6||ING-INF/05|
|Final exam||AAF1028||Second semester||30|
The lecture schedule for the first semester of a.y. 2019/2020 is available on this page.
The provisional lecture schedule for the second semester of a.y. 2019/2020 is available on this page.
Due to the suspension of traditional face-to-face lectures, online lectures have been organized starting from March 11, 2020. The links to the information about online lectures of all courses taught in the second semester are available in this page.
All the students must submit their study plan, through “Percorsi formativi/GOMP/INFOSTUD”. One cannot take exams which are not included in the study plan, referring to the optional courses (see NOTE 1). The exams, which can be chosen, refer to the academic year (A.Y.) in which the student enrolled in the master course for the first time. The study plan and the possible modifications to it must be accepted BEFORE taking the exams. The study plan of students who enrolled after transferring their career from another master course either at Sapienza or in another University, will be filled in by the secretary office soon after the recognition of the credits which have already been acquired.
Study plans can be submitted in given periods of every academic year, usually during the autumn semester of the year of enrollment and during the following spring semester:
1 November - 30 November (with approval by 31 December)
15 March - 15 April (with approval by 31 May)
- IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO FILL IN/MODIFY THE STUDY PLAN IN OTHER PERIODS OUTSIDE THE DEDICATED TIME WINDOWS.
- THE STUDY PLAN CAN BE PRESENTED ONLY IN ONE OF THE TWO TIME WINDOWS, WHICH MEANS THAT YOUR STUDY PLAN CAN BE PRESENTED ONLY ONCE FOR EACH ACADEMIC YEAR.
For the students of the Master Degree in Engineering in Computer Science, the study plan must be filled in in the following items:
- The choice of the exams related to the section CARATTERIZZANTI E SPECIALISTICI (according to the course list as specified in the “Manifesto degli studi” of A.Y. of enrollment)
- The choice of the exams related to the section AFFINI ED OPZIONALI (according to the course list as specified in the “Manifesto degli studi” of A.Y. of enrollment)
- The choice of the A SCELTA / “free choice” courses.
During the second year, it is possible to modify the study plan during the same time window in which first year students are requested to fill it in. The study plan can be approved only once per academic year. Therefore, once the study plan has been submitted and approved, it cannot be changed before the next academic year and the student is supposed to complete the exams as indicated in the approved study plan. Furthermore, if changes are made in the following years, students must refer to the Course List (=Manifesto degli Studi) of the academic year of their enrollment.
Under documented exceptional circumstances, students who have already submitted a study plan that has been approved for the current academic year, can ask to resubmit the study plan in the March opening window. After the approval no further modification of their study plan will be allowed before graduation (i.e. in the following academic years).
Before filling in the study plan, students are invited to contact the Professor-in-Charge-of-Study-Plan (see below) during his office hours in the following cases:
- The student wants to choose as a "free choice" a course which is not related to our master courses (Engineering in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Control Engineering, Data Science, Cyber Security).
- The student already took an exam during his/her bachelor which is anyway mandatory in the current master course.
NOTES ON HOW TO FILL IN THE STUDY PLAN:
- Students must always insert their motivations (in the section “Note”) about the choices of the “free choice” courses.
- Second year students who modify their study plan must always insert (in the section “Note”) both the exam they want to replace and the exam they want to choose as replacement and, in addition, provide the motivations for the change.
If motivations are missing or not given as above required, the study plan will be automatically rejected.
The Professor-in-Charge for the Study Plans of the Academic Year 2018/2019 is Professor Massimo Mecella.
According to the University rules, students can only take the exams listed in the study plan they fill in when they first enroll in the Master’s course. This means that a first year student can only take the exams which are selected for his/her first year, while he/she cannot take any exam planned for the second year.
This Master Degree course also offers an excellence path. Worthy students enrolled in this path will conduct integrative courses and activities. These activities won't provide students any credit. At the end of the first year, students can apply for this excellence path and each student will be assigned to a tutor.
How to apply:
Students who get at least 42 credits (CFU) at the end of the first year (November 30th) and with a GPA not lower than 27/30 can apply for the excellence path.
On equal terms of the ranking list, the younger student will be favored.
10 students will be admitted to the excellence path.
Excellence path's contents (second year):
- Theoretical and methodological activities (100 hours)
- Attendance to a PhD course (not taught together with a Master course)
- Attendance to an upper level summer school
- Projects activities (100 hours):
- Research and development activities in the industrial field and attendance to specialized courses and apprenticeship regarding R&S projects.
Alternatively to the previous choice:
- Collaboration in academic research projects and attendance to planning activities, competitions and research.
Deadline's application: January 17, 2020
Results wil be published by January 31, 2020 in this website.